Sunday 12 August 2018

Crushing on Nature's Poem - CTC191


Happy Sunday everyone! This week at CASEing the Catty we are CASEing the Nature's Poem section of the Annual Catalogue......


I think the Nature's Poem Suite is my favourite suite out of the catalogue! I think I might have to hide it from myself for my next creation, otherwise, you are all going to get sick of it! Nope, I don't think it's possible to get sick of it, but I will try to change it up for the next one! I just so love the colour palette, the images, the embellishments, the whole lot actually! For my CASE this week I chose this card on page 144.....



I love that log cross section image, it stamps beautifully and looks amazing with the white embossed sentiment on it. The stamp set has coordinating Nature's Roots Framelits Dies, however not for the cross section as it is super easy to fussy cut out. I'm so glad there is framelits for the leaf branches though! They would have taken a while to cut out!


As you can see I have kept a very similar colour palette but changed up some of the layers and instead of using two pieces of that gorgeous Nature's Poem Designer Series Paper (DSP), for the banner I created my own embossed DSP. The framelits come with a couple of embossing dies, that is they don't cut all the way through but leave a beautiful embossed image. Of course, Stampin' Up! think of everything and you also get outline framelits so that you can also have the embossed images stand alone too, ie the leaves can be cut out.
  • Stamps - Rooted in Nature
  • Dies - Nature's Roots Framelits Dies
  • Other - Pinewood Planks Embossing Folder, White Embossing Powder
  • Cardstock - Thick Whisper White, Soft Suede, Grapefruit Grove, Whisper White
  • DSP- Nature's Poem
  • Ink - Mint Macaron
  • Embellishments - Nature's Twine Crumb Cake
Why not join in on our challenge this week? There is so much inspiration in those pages, it would be a shame to not use them! Just click the graphic below for more details.....


To keep on hopping around to all the crew click the graphic below, your next stop is the lovely Angela Meiritz-Reid, 


Thanks for stopping by!

Inky hugs, 
Megan xx

7 comments:

  1. Looks great!! I love the embossed background and the soft colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. This suite is brilliant. I love the colours too and your card is just lovely. Wonderful wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The embossed leaves on the banner are beautiful, and I'm totally in agreement with you - this is my favourite suite in the catalogue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this suite too, so versatile. I really like the darker background on your card, perfect CASE of this card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Megan, I love the embossed banner, looks great. Why don't I own this bundle yet???

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty Megan, love the colour combination x

    ReplyDelete
  7. stepping it up with the embossed panel is perfect. Lovely card Megan.

    ReplyDelete