Sunday 29 July 2018

Do Something Awesome - CTC189


Well, hello lovelies! It seems like eons since I last frequented blogland or my craft studio. We went away for a family holiday for most of this month and had a super awesome, relaxing time. Breakfast was had on average at 9am, I hardly looked, let alone posted anything on Facebook or Instagram (not even the holiday pics!), so I think I was in need for a big rest and digital world detox!

I'm super excited to be back, in my craft studio that is, not work! There is lots to catch up on like designing for our next card class, participating in some challenges & getting my order in for the promo's finishing on the 31st! Have you checked out the super offer of Designer Series Paper (DSP) buy 3 get 1 free? I am using DSP so much more in my cards and really want to get some scrapbooking done so I've made sure I've stocked up on all those gorgeous papers. For more information on this offer click the graphic below, only two days to go!


This week for CASEing the Catty we are CASEing (Copy & Share Everything/Edit) from the section....


The project I have CASEd this week had a technique that I have been meaning to try for quite a while, you know, so many techniques, so little time! You can find it on page 115 of the Annual Catalogue and here it is here......


I have been wanting to try that technique of melting a nice big blob of embossing powder and then stamping into it, a bit like a faux seal. Very appropriate at the moment as I am reading the Philippa Gregory Plantagenets & Tudor series of books, they are set back in the 16th century and they are fovever writing to each other and sealing there letters with wax and their seal! Here is my CASE....


Now, don't you think if the people back in the 16th century had seals that said "Do Something Awesome Every Single Day" that they might not have beheaded each other quite so much?! A little more positivity could've made a lot of difference!

To achieve my molten blob of Silver Embossing Powder I took the Versamark refill bottle and squeezed it directly onto my paper in the desired shape (it doesn't need a thick layer, so don't waste it!). Then, I sprinkled on the embossing powder and heated it until it was liquid-y and while still hot and liquid-y sprinkled another layer of embossing powder and continued that for five layers (maybe four, I lost count). On the final layer while it was still tacky (but not molten hot, I was a bit worried that I might wreck my stamp) I pressed my stamp into the pool of melted embossing powder and held it there until it cooled a bit and then finally lifted up to reveal the sentiment. Voila!

If you lift your stamp up and you are not happy with the impression, no problems! Just heat it up again!
  • Stamps - EnRoute
  • DSP - Best Route
  • Cardstock - Pineapple Punch, Whisper White
  • Embellishments - Best Route Enamel Shapes, Best Route Washi Tape, Whisper White Solid Bakers Twine
  • Other - Silver Stampin' Emboss Powder, Heat Tool, Stamparatus
Some inside love!

To participate in the challenge is super easy to do, for more details click the graphic below.....


Well that's it for me this week, but make sure you hop around to all the other CASEing the Catty Crew and see what they have for you also. Next on the hop is the talented Monique Fielder, who has a gorgeous card to share with you. Just click the graphic below.....


Inky hugs,

Megan xx


6 comments:

  1. Welcome back after your holidays! Love your "seal", such a great sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you shared how you did the embossing seal, don't know if I'd have been game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can fell your recharged energy levels through the page. So glad you enjoyed your holiday. Great new technique thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back Megan. Wow this technique looks amazing, love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab technique, Megan, I must give it a go. Such a great card for a teenager or young adult with their life ahead of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those books are fantastic aren't they. Love your card with its seal. Just so you know if you're using a rubber stamp you should be fine with your molton embossing pool as when the stamps are made the rubber is brought to an extremely high temperature

    ReplyDelete