Sunday 24 June 2018

Delightfully Detailed Double Duty - CTC184


Hello everyone! It's Sunday again and time for the CASEing the Catty Blog Hop. This week we are CASEing from the .......


I've CASEd the card in the second row, on the far left, pictured above. Instead of using those gorgeous Delightfully Detailed Note Cards, I've created my own backgrounds using the Delightfully Detailed Laser-Cut Speciality Paper. I did this by laying the beautiful Laser-Cuts over a piece of Whisper White Cardstock and brayered over them with the Sponge Brayers, essentially using the Laser-Cuts as a stencil. The colours I used were Bermuda Bay, Granny Apple Green and Lemon Lime Twist.


I have used the Detailed with Love Stamp set and the awesome new Detailed Trio Punch to make the decorative corners and round them off on the little white rectangle piece. It's a bit hard to see in the photo but I have also layered some of the Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon below the sentiment panel.

Of course after creating these cards I was left with the now coloured laser-cut pieces, so waste not want not, I created four more cards.


I made these up as little note cards on Basic Black Cardstock and added some Stitched Shapes Framelits circles, the little Bermuda Bay circle was embossed with the Quilt Top Embossing Folder and the larger Lemon Lime Twist one was stamped with sentiments from the Stitched All Around Stamp Set and decorated with Basic Jewel Pearls that I have colour coordinated by colouring them with my Bermuda Bay Stampin' Blend Pen. Oh, can't forget the cute little bee! He is from the Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits.

I loved getting the Sponge Brayers out and having a little inky fun and what a quick way to get eight cards made using the Detailed Laser-Cut Speciality Paper!

Now be sure to hop all the way round and see what the rest of the crew have CASEd this week, your next stop is Mel Pagano who is sure to have something stunning for you to see. Just click the graphic below......


We'd love it if you played along with us this week, it's easy to do and you don't need to blog. For more details click the graphic below......


Try and do yourself a favour this week and get a little inky! Thank you for stopping by my blog!

Inky hugs,
Megan xx


5 comments:

  1. Wow - fabulous colours and an amazing assortment of cards Megan. The DSP is just so special and you've used it to maximum potential! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning cards Megan, these colours work so well together

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are soooooo fabulous. I love the colours. And I love the stencil effect! Just brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards Megan! Such a great idea to use them as stencils and the colours look perfect together x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how lovely! This DSP is stunning but you've taken it up a notch!

    ReplyDelete