Sunday 15 October 2017

CTC150 - Fav Big Shot Project


 Hello lovelies! Really quick post this week as I am getting ready for a Stampin' Day Retreat and I didn't want to miss out this week (can you believe I had my project done last week but just ran out of time to photograph, edit and write the post, so frustrating! I need more hours in the day, "Who doesn't!", I hear echoing back!!).

This week we are CASEing our favourite Big Shot project from the  Holiday Catty. I knew straight away what I wanted to do, Christmas Quilt! It was the product that when I first laid eyes on the new catty, I thought " I HAVE TO HAVE THAT!" (yep capital letters were in my head!).

I CASEd the colour combo from the catty too, I love that Old Olive & Basic Black DSP and in this project I teamed those colours with the new Champagne Foil. I also used the new Crochet Trim, it's gorgeous!


To get the three different colours in the quilt you need to run the dies through the Big Shot three times, so I thought "waste not, want not" and decided to use up the coloured off cuts.


And finally here is the third, I love the fact that I didn't waste all those little bits and got three cards made. I also love that even though it is a Christmas stamp set, it is versatile enough to be used for other occasions, same goes with the colour combo!


All three cards got the same insert, quite simple, just the top & bottom embossed with the Quilted Embossing Folder (not sure if that is what it is a called but no time to look it up!). I can't decided which way I prefer it, debossed or embossed, I really like both effects.

Anyway, time to fly! Please join in on the fun and show us your CASE on our Facebook page, just click below ....


Also, don't forget to hop right around our blog hop and see what all the other amazingly talented ladies have produced for your viewing pleasure this week, just click below to see what Judy has in store for you!


Cheers Megan xx

6 comments:

  1. Oh the quilt top embossing at the top and bottom of your insert is a brilliant idea. I love all your cards and I totally love that you get to use up all those bits and pieces and create three quick cards all at once. Win win. The crumb cake with this colour scheme is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! Fantastic use of the catalogue for inspiration Megan! Colours and layout - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards Megan. I love the idea of adding embossing to the inside of the card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything about your cards Megan. The embossing on the inside is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Confession time!!! It was Miss P's idea for the embossing on the inside!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning cards. What a fab idea for the inside.

    ReplyDelete