Thursday 5 April 2018

Waterfront for Colour INKspiration #30




Good morning lovelies! I'm super excited as tomorrow I go off to Sydney for Stampin' Ups! OnStage Local event (conference). What am I excited for? Let's make a list! The brand new annual catalogue will be unveiled and I will get my hands on a copy, lots of freebies, lots to make but most importantly it's a weekend away with friends and most probably making new friends!

Today I am sharing my projects that I did for Colour INKspiration's latest challenge. Here is the colour palette......


Beautiful, regal colours aren't they? I was a bit stumped as to what to do until I saw my Waterfront Stamp Set that I hadn't inked up yet. Could I make it work? I thought, "I'm not really sure I can make the colours into a landscape scene but thought what the heck, give it a go, at the end of the day if it doesn't work all you have used is a measly bit of paper and some ink". Sometimes I think we get so caught up in trying to create the perfect project in our heads or worried about "wasting" supplies that we don't give ourselves the room to just create and have fun. To say I had fun was an understatement, Waterfront is now my favourite stamp set and High Tide (a similar style of stamp is on the wish list).

Here are the finished projects........


With this one I inked up the stamps and misted directly onto the stamp with water before stamping onto watercolour paper, sometimes stamping off onto scrap to get lighter versions of the colours. This technique is a little more controlled than the second version.......


On this one, I misted the watercolour paper and got it good and wet then inked up the stamp and stamped into the wet watercolour paper. It was so much fun and I am itching to get back to creating with this stamp set.

If you would like to check out the fabulous Colour INKspiration Challenge just CLICK HERE and you will be taken to their Facebook page (no need to be a blogger).

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Cheers Megan xx

1 comment: