Sunday 11 March 2018

Lookin' Sharp - CTC169


 Happy Sunday everyone! It's time for the weekly blog hop with the CASEing the Catty Crew. We love to take inspiration from the beautiful images provided in the Stampin' Up catalogues and use them as a jumping off point for our own creations. This week we are CASEing from either of the two Sale-a-bration catalogues. Yes! I did just say two, if you haven't already realised Stampin' Up have brought out another release of free items but all of them are only available until the end of March, so be quick and don't miss out on the free stuff! For every $90 you spend you get to pick a free item. There is also great incentives to join Stampin' Up! too, for more details just give me a hoy!


 I have a few cards to share today as I went on a little journey with my creating. Firstly, I decided to CASE the card on the left (with the circles) from the front cover of the second release catty.


 Instead of stamping a background I have utilised some of the awesome Designer Series Paper, True Gentleman. It's from the suite also called True Gentleman and can be found in the Occasions Catalogue.


 I LOVE this suite, the Truly Tailored Stamp Set has some really great sentiments and it coordinates with the brand new punch Tailored Tag Punch. Punches make creating super easy and quick. From there I decided that I would try the card sketch as a landscape format.


How gorgeous is that new Night of Navy Corduroy Ribbon?! We had a bit of a giggle with this card and where I placed the elements. It kind of looks like an abstract person......... 

As I was putting this one together I thought about how cute three of those bows made with the Bow Builder Punch would look on a card with the bow tie DSP.......


So, not CASEd just where my creating led me. That's why I love papercraft (or any craft for that matter), it's for me, like going to a meditation session. Once I've started creating there is no more worrying about anything, I'm completely absorbed with what I am doing at that moment in time.

It would be great if you could play (meditate) along with us this week. For more details click the graphic below.....


Thank you so much for stopping by, it is now time for you to hop on over to the very creative Angela, who has a very cool card to show you this week. Just click the graphic below.....


Cheers Megan xx

8 comments:

  1. What an awesome set of cards, perfect for those blokey cards we all need. Love the focus on the dsp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bow builder punch with this suite! Such a clever idea - and it works so incredibly well with the DSP and greetings. I would love to CASE you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great set of cards Megan! Shows off the DSP so well! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome cards! Best I have seen with this set so far!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great set Megan- I'll come and meditate with you any time! Love that you show where your creation led you- love the bowties.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great cards, this designer series paper makes creating so easy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great male cards Megan and I love the use of the bow punch!

    ReplyDelete