Thursday 22 February 2018

Bokeh Technique for Colour INKspiration #27





Hello lovelies! Today I have a couple of cards that I have entered into the Colour INKspiration Challenge. It's a fortnightly colour challenge that anyone can participate in and you don't need to blog like I do. All you need is Facebook. Challenges are a great way to get you creating and using all those craft supplies you have purchased. I also love colour challenges as they are often colour combinations that I would have never contemplated.

The challenge colour palette.

My card backgrounds are using a watercolour bokeh technique that my daughter taught me. I have been wanting to give it a go, so when I came home to her many backgrounds that she had created that day, I had to make my own. Miss P is a member of a RAK (Random Act of Kindness) Facebook group where each member sends cards to others in the group. The idea is to make someone's day with happy mail. Let me tell you when she opens the letterbox to find one, she sure is happy.

Here are her backgrounds made up into cards to send out to her fellow RAK members . (So glad to see her using the Magical Day Stamp set, that we just had to have!)

I decided to use the Epic Celebrations Stamp set that I got for free when I spent $90. It is a stamp set that when I first saw it I thought what a great boy set. My cards today show that it can also be used for girlie cards!


The watercolour bokeh technique is so soft and dreamy and is super easy to do. You simply get watercolour paper and wet it down quite liberally then pick up your different colours (I squeezed my Classic Stampin' Pads while closed up to transfer ink into the lid) with your Aquabrush and touch it to the paper. The colours will wick into the water and spread. Keep adding your colours until the whole of the watercolour paper is filled. We let our backgrounds air dry or you could speed the process up with your Heat Tool.


While your backgrounds are drying you need to make some circle stencils of varying sizes. Miss P used the Layering Circle Framelits to cut out circles in scrap cardstock, which worked well. However, seeing as we enjoyed it so much we have now made some out of Window Sheets to keep permanently on hand. You then take your stencil and hold it over your paper and take a sponge or dauber dipped in Craft Ink and sponge a white circle on top of your background. With the stencil still in place you can then dab a bit of the ink off with paper towel if you want a more transparent circle. You then simply keep adding different sized circles, overlapping some as you go until you are happy with your background. Once your Craft Ink is dry you are good to go to create with your beautiful background.


Thank you so much for stopping by! Don't forget to check out the Colour INKspiration Challenge, just click HERE.

Cheers Megan xx

No comments:

Post a Comment