Sunday 28 January 2018

CTC163 - Saleabration - Beautiful You Reflection



Hello everyone! I hope you have had a fabulous week! It' time for our weekly hop with the CASEing the Catty Crew, taking inspiration from the stunning Stampin' Up catalogues and creating our own projects. If you have started with me, welcome or maybe you have just hopped on over from the lovely Mel Pagano. How adorable was her card? Those colours too, yummy!

This week we are CASEing from the Sale-a-bration catalouge, that's the little one with everything in it free and if you spend a minimum of $90 you can choose an item and there is no limit to how many you can earn. I love that this year they put some bigger items in there with a new level of $180 spent to earn, or you may choose two $90 items, it's up to you.


This week I am showcasing a card done with the Beautiful You stamp set (from the annual catalogue), I can't believe this is one that I didn't purchase (as yet) but one of my lovely clients had and asked if I could use it in our card classes. I couldn't go past doing the reflection technique.


The technique is super easy, you just stamp the image onto a piece of window sheet, flip it over, put it into place and transfer the image onto your project. I chose to use a brayer to make sure it all smooshed over. (For those of you unfamiliar with the stamped image, her reflection in the puddle is not part of the stamp, that is the part I transferred on.) I've used the gorgeous Delightful Daisy Designer Series Paper, the Layered Leaves 3D Embossing Folder and some Glitter & Clear Epoxy Shapes that I have coloured with my Night of Navy Stampin' Blend Pen. On that note, if you don't have the Stampin' Blends yet and need some validation, they are worth there weight in gold just so you can colour all your embellishments with them, you can colour rhinestones, doilies, enamel shapes, pearls and ribbons!!

This is the card I CASEd (the one in the middle), as you can see I've taken the layout as the creative jumping point.


Well that's it for me this week, time for you to hop along to see the gorgeous layout that Jackie Noble has created this week.


How about joining in on our challenge? It really helps to ensure you do some crafty time each week if you participate in challenges! Just click the image below for more details....


Cheers Megan xx

7 comments:

  1. Sometimes I forget about Annual catty goodies when we have new stuff to play with. Love your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Megan, I love the reflection technique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done an awesome job with the reflection, just stunning!! Great case and wonderful colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see Beautiful You getting a look in, she's lovely on the DSP, and with the texture at the base.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card Megan. You have highlighted that technique beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful CASE, Megan! Love your colouring.

    ReplyDelete