Saturday 29 July 2017

Colour INKspiration 14



Hi everyone! Super quick post today as I am on the run but wanted to share the card I did for the Colour INKspiration challenge.


This was the colour palette.


As you can see I had a play with the embossing paste this week however added Dazzling Diamonds Stampin' Glitter on top of the paste while it was wet.... so pretty in real life! The flowers were stamped onto gold foil in Archival Basic Black and then again in Rich Razzleberry and just the actual flowers fussy cut and and adhered on top of the gold ones. All the stamped images are from the Butterfly Basics Stamp Set, if you don't already have this you NEED it. The set is so versatile with background images, butterflies, flowers, greetings and more!

Did you notice my Night of Navy ribbon? You won't find that in the catalogue! I dyed some of the white Classic Weave Ribbon with the Night of Navy reinker, you can make any colour ribbon to match your project. Just grab your silcone mat put a few drops of reinker and a few spritz of water and then grab your ribbon and smoosh it all through the colour until it is completely coloured or not, for a tie-dyed effect! If you don't want to have really inky fingers wear gloves or as I discovered...... if you are quickly getting some creating done before you head to work and don't think to put on gloves and don't have time to scrub your hands and you go to work with very blue tips on your fingers it provides SO many opportunities to explain what you do! I now have a new lady going to be starting card classes with me because she asked me what I had been up to! Let your hands do the advertising!

The inside.

Anyway, as I said flying visit today, as it is a bit crazy in our household this week. I'll explain later, promise!

Cheers Megan xx

2 comments:

  1. Who knew your hands would be such a great advertisement for your fabulous card classes. I really love this Megan. The gold flower stems are stunning and your glittery embossing paste butterfly is pure genius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love experimenting Megan and your gorgeous card elements are a fabulous way to play with the product and show what can be done.

    ReplyDelete