Sunday 16 July 2017

CASEing the Catty #137 - FYI You're Fabulous!



Hi everyone! Hope you had a fabulous weekend. It's a pretty special weekend for me as this is my first post as a CASEing the Catty Crew Member! The Crew advertised last month that they would be accepting new Crew Members & if you were interested let them know & participate in the challenges for the month of June. I was one of the lucky ones to be chosen to join a very talented group of ladies who each week take inspiration from our gorgeous catalogue images and CASE (Copy & Selectively Edit or Copy & Share Everything) to create their own masterpieces! If you are not starting with me you have probably hopped over from Rachel, I'm sure you loved what she had to show you!


This week we are CASEing the Artistic Expression section of the catalogue pages 132 -181.


I have chosen to case the card above on the left.


It's quite obvious I've kept with the flamingo's! Instead of the two coloured birds, I've just done the one, fussy cut out & popped up on some dimensionals in front of a some silhouetted flamingos for drama, drama, drama. The semi circular greeting element has also been CASEd.

The steps I took to make this card were:

  • start with a Basic Black card base (inside I have done a Whisper White (WW) insert with some palm fronds stamped & stamped off in Flirty Flamingo (FF))
  • then a matt of  FF and on top of that a WW matt
  • the Fabulous Flamingo Stamp Set is a three step stamp set, I've stamped the solid image four times with the Archival Black Stamp Pad onto the WW matt **TIP- have some baby wipes on hand to keep those fingers super clean, it is really easy to get black where you don't want it! Not that I am talking from experience (wink, wink).
  • on a scrap piece of WW stamp the base layer of the flamingo in Powder Pink (PP) the second layer in FF and the final outline layer in black & fussy cut around. I may have said this before but I have quite a few pairs of scissors & put off buying the Stampin' Up! Paper Snips, when I finally did, it was why did I wait? They are a dream to use, especially for fussy cutting!
  • pop coloured flamingo up on dimensionals and layer in front of black ones
  • die cut a large stitched circle with the framelits in FF & a smaller one in PP
  • emboss the FF circle with the Sparkle Embossing Folder & trim to a semi circle, adhere to front
  • stamp FYI You're Gorgeous (Tabs for Everthing Stamp Set) in Black onto PP circle & adhere some Rhinestone Basioc Jewels, layer on top popped up on dimensionals.
Want to know something crazy? I made this card 11 times for a recent card swap I participated in, it took all day but I was happy with my swap & hope those that received it were too.

Now that's all from me this week it is time for you to keep on hopping to see all the amazingness that the crew has created for you this week, your next stop on the hop is my fellow crew member Rose who is also new to the Design Team, so make sure you leave her some blog love & leave her a comment (click on the next blog button below or her name). For those of you not so familiar with this "blogging" thing we do, if you are reading our blogs in their entirety on your email program, you need to actually click on the title of our email, this will take you to our actual websites and there is where you can leave a comment!! Go on I dare you!




Product List

12 comments:

  1. FYI, I think your card is fabulous!! Love the black flamingos as a shadow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I was one of the lucky ones who actually received this swap and it is Fabulous - even better in real life. Love the sentiment panel at the top, great CASE Megan and welcome to the team

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome aboard Megan! And wow! I absolutely love this card and all the extra touches. Love the contrasting black to the pop of colour. I may have to CASE you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your new design team gig - very well deserved. I can't wait to see what you come up with each time. I love this card and feel it really speaks to me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha Lou, I thought the same thing. Love the silhouette idea Megan and you know I love flamingos

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome Megan, great to have you here! What a super card to start with. Love the silhouettes of the flamingos, it really adds a dramatic pop. I must ink up this set!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Might need to get those flamingos out and play! F xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great card Megan, love the flamingos. Angela xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. No, no, no, you're fabulous! Love your work & so excited to have you on the CTC Crew! Welcome! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Very striking card, Megan. Welcome to the Crew.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome to the team - and what a great card to begin with - such an awesome card!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I have this card in real life and it is TRULY AWESOME!!

      Delete