Sunday 23 July 2017

CASEing the Catty #138 - Holidays




It's Sunday and I am still super excited to be fulfilling my Design Crew commitments with my second post this week. If you haven't started our hop with me you have probably just come from Bronwyn's blog, how beautiful was her project!? Makes you wish it was Christmas now! This week we are CASEing the  Holiday section of the Stampin' Up! annual catalogue and you too can join in with the fun by doing your own CASE and uploading it to our Facebook challenge site HERE.


My card this week is a CASE of the card on the very top right of the picture below. I really loved those cute little hills in a frame!

 


 To make the little hills I cut out some stitched oval framelits and embossed one to create visual interest and texture. The next task was to find an image that was the right size for my little scene, the cute little image of the puppy & turtle from Bella & Friends stamp set was as perfect as I could get! I had better show you my card, right?


The little tree is out of the very versatile Sprinkles of Life stamp set and coordinating Tree Builder Punch. It is a carry over from last years catalogue and for good reason. I love that it can be a cloud, tree, cupcake etc.

Here is a piccie of the inside, simple but sweet.

It's going to be a short but sweet post for me this week as I had the weekend shift at work this week and to put it simply am KAPOOPED! One good thing at work this weekend though ( I work at a vet surgery) is I bought this cutie home to foster while he waits for his forever home. He is a Kelpie X but only 9kgs. Our vet surgery does all the vet work for the amazing charity 4Paws Animal Rescue Inc Sunshine Coast.




He has settled in so well with our two dogs and we are all falling in love with him and will be sad to see him go but he will make such a great dog for the lucky family that adopts him.

Ok, time for you to continue hopping along and seeing what else the design crew has created for you. Next stop the lovely Mel who I believe has been inspired by exactly the same card as I, but as you will see has created something totally different and oh so cute!



11 comments:

  1. Hello to your new house guest - he's very handsome!!! Great card Megan! Such a clever adaptation of the catalogue sample! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so cute Megan and so is your little foster dog! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your case! Too cute!! And I hope your cutie finds a good home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card Megan. I wonder if Marvi would like a big brother???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great minds Megan. Not surprisingly I love your choice of layout! Lol. You have created such a cute card and a gorgeous CASE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet scene you've created, and so different from all of ours.💕💕

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I really love this Megan. Such a cute card with so many fab little details.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! This is so cute. Thanks for drawing attention to the card in the catty. Love your very different CASE.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this layout too, Megan and your CASE is fabulous. Love all the sweet details you have included.

    ReplyDelete