Thursday 26 January 2017

Love is in the Air - #tgifc91

Hi everyone!

The card I am showing you today is for the TGIF challenge.


The challenge this week is.....

Valentines day is only just over two weeks away. I like to make something for the Mr PMI and the kidlets and this card MIGHT make it to one of them...... not saying who, not too hard to guess I reckon. It would have been so much easier to keep it under wraps but when you see a challenge and you've got a card ready to go how do you not enter it??

It would have also been easier if I didn't threaten all of them with severe consequences if they didn't subscribe to my blog as they would've been oblivious but when you are just starting out blogging you need all the subscribers you can get, right? On that note, if you would like to subscribe to my blog, (ie you receive an email letting you know when I have posted) you just need to go to the right sidebar of my page and find the subscribe button. Pop in your email and then hit subscribe, easy!

Now back to the card, do you remember it?


I've used my favourite bundle from the Occasions Catalogue, Lift Me Up stamp set & Up and Away thinlets. The banner is from the Birthday Bright stamp set. I've embossed it in gold onto Real Red cardstock. The background is a simple watercolour wash of Pool Party and Soft Sky achieved by scribbling my Stampin' Write Markers onto one of my larger clear blocks and then picking up the colour with an Aqua Painter and swishing across the watercolour paper. I love getting a bit inky and messy and every time you do it you get a different result, so much fun!

You should jump on over to the TGIFC blog spot and have a look around, while you are there why not have a go? Click HERE!

Thanks for stopping by.
Cheers Megan xx


4 comments:

  1. Such a great card Megan. Maybe leave all the supplies out so your fam can make cards for you too! Love the background and the little swinging heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great thinking Lou! Not sure it will work with all the members of the fam but I'd have a good chance with my trusty assistant!

      Delete
  2. I think the banner is so perfect for this balloon! I don't think I would've ever thought to do that and I love the look! Great job! Thanks for joining us at TGIF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Holly. It was a bit tricky getting a rubber stamp to bend at my will to fit in it nicely but I got there. Where there is a will, there is a way!!

      Delete