Saturday 21 January 2017

Colour INKspiration Challenge #01

Howdy everyone!

I do hope you are having a fabulous week and thank you so much for popping by my blog. This week I couldn't resist joining in on the Colour INKspiration Challenge.  Each fortnight this uber talented group of designers set a colour combo to inspire/challenge you. You don't even need a blog to particpate in this one as you can join in by just posting your creation to their facebook page, how awesome is that?

This fortnights challenge had six colours of which you needed to pick at least three plus you can add in a neutral. Well I thought, why try to pick three when you can have all six! Hmmm, I thought to myself, you are probably making this very difficult for! However, I was very pleasantly surprised with how easily this card came together.


I've used the Window Shopping Stamp Set and the matching Window Box thinlits for my card and of course the gorgeous Stitched Framelits, that are very soon coming back into stock, love, love, love these! This card is not your conventional size, it measures 5 x 5 inches. Card stock colours are Sweet Sugarplum, Mint Macaroon, So Saffron and Tempting Turquoise (for my design I found the Turquoise to be a bit bright so I toned it down with a layer of vellum layered on top) and of course Whisper White was used for my neutral. My sentiment and sequins are Blushing Bride and there is your six colours!

My four coloured squares are popped up on dimensionals as well as the banner. Speaking of the banner, how cool is the little "banner builder" thinlit in this set? It makes a really cool 3D banner. Of course don't forget how these thinlits make beautiful boxes too! I love the versatility of Stampin' Up products.

The inside of the card got a little love too and of course, as I made a different sized card, I easily made an envelope to match with my Envelope Punch Board.
I hope you have been inspired by my creation, the Window Shopping bundle can be found in the Occasions catalogue and of course the purchase of this will qualify you to pick a free item in the Sale-a-bration catalogue, yeah, WIN WIN!

If you live in Australia, I would love to be your demonstrator either contact me directly or you can place an order by visiting my online store, you can click the link on the top of my page.

Want to check out or participate in the Colour INKspiration Challenges? Follow this link here.

Cheers Megan xx

Oh! and P.S. It has come to my attention, while talking to my friends and family that some people don't know much about blogs. I was asked, "How do I know when you have written something?" You can subscribe to blogs. Over to the right of my page about half way down you will see a Follow by Email section. You just pop your email address in here and hit subscribe and that way when I post you will get an email notification. Easy!

3 comments:

  1. Love it Megan. Fantastic use of the colours and the Window Shopping bundle. Cool use of vellum and I love how you've used the tiny hearts from your Sweet Sugarplum square on the banner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lou ☺. It was fun to make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Lou ☺. It was fun to make!

    ReplyDelete