Sunday 27 May 2018

Come Fly With Me - CTC180



It's Sunday! Time for the CASEing the Catty Blog Hop! We are a group of demonstrators who love to take inspiration from the beautiful catalogues that Stampin' Up! produce. We CASE (Copy & Selectively Edit) the gorgeous projects within the pages of these catalogues to create our own works of art. It may be simply CASEing the colour palette, the layout or even just one element. It doesn't really matter what you choose as long a you are inspired and find a starting point for your own creation. Sometimes, the hardest thing is the starting, CASEing makes that so much easier!




This week we are CASEing our Favourite Retiring Project.


Choices, choices, choices....... there are so many gorgeous projects in the current catalogues, which to pick as my favourite, that I haven't already done?! Then I laid eyes on page 58 of the soon to be retiring Annual Catty and there it was, the project I have been meaning to getting around to.


I love the idea of making home decor pieces, I just often run out of time to do them! This week I CASEd that gorgeous framed piece in the photo above, with a little bit also CASEd from the card beside it. A blend of the two!


I've used a piece of DSP from the Sweet Soiree Specialty Designer Series Paper for the backing piece. It is Marina Mist in colour and will be sadly the last time I use this gorgeous colour as it is retiring. Don't worry though, my sadness is short lived as there is a whole swag of new colours coming in on the 1st June!! I just finished reorganising my card stock with the new colours included and the old ones out, it looks so pretty. I can't wait to start experimenting with new colour combinations!

The colours I have used in my balloon are also CASEd from the Sweet Soiree DSP, it's such an easy way to pick colour combos when you choose them from the colours in a DSP range. The balloon die cut is from the Up & Away Thinlits, it's been cut out three times, folded in half and then stuck together to create the 3D effect. I'm so happy the thinlits and coordinating Lift Me Up Stamp Set are going through to the new catty.


The typography uses the existing and continuing on to the new catty, Letters for You Stamp Set combined with the new Make a Difference Stamp Set. The Make a Difference Stamp Set is super easy to line up as it is photo-polymer but also is very forgiving even if you don't line it up 100% as it just looks natural like handwriting. I used my Stamparatus to perfectly line up the FLY, best product ever!!! If you don't already have a Stamparatus ( the best, hands down, stamp positioning tool on the market) it's only days away before you can order your very own. Pop on over to my online shop CLICK HERE or give me a hoy!

To join in on the challenge, you can get more details by clicking the graphic below.....


Don't forget to keep hopping around and see all the loveliness that the crew has created this week. Next stop on your journey is the talented Simone Bartrum......


Thanks for stopping by!

Cheers Megan xx




5 comments:

  1. What a stunning piece!! This would make the perfect gift for a baby's room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous CASE Megan, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your picture is just awesome! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats a clever CASE Megan! And the colours are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete