Sunday 29 April 2018

Beautiful Day for CTC176 - Favourite Occasions Project


Hello again! Hope you didn't miss me?! It's a busy night tonight with two blog hops. I'm popping in again to share with you this weeks CASEing the Catty design. The theme for this week is......


Woo hoo! Free reign! Any Occasions Catalogue project to CASE (Copy & Selectively Edit). I thought back to when I first had the Occasions Catalogue in my hands and remembered how excited I was to see the Brusho Crystal Colours, I quite like Mixed Media supplies and this was something new and exciting to play with and on that very same page, a gorgeous stamp set, Beautiful Day that looks fantastic embossed and then coloured with the Brusho's. This is the sample from in the catalogue (card on the left)....


Here is my CASE......


My example is stepped up a little with the Sheet Music background stamp. I have also tweaked it a little as I am not a fan of the ribbon/twine going around the whole card front (don't ask me why, it looks perfectly fine on anyone else's project, I just can't seem to do it to my cards!) and I've also moved the sentiment to the bottom. That's the whole idea of CASEing, using another artwork as a jumping off point and making it your own. Now on that note, CASEing does also stand for Copy & Share Everything, it is perfectly fine to copy something pretty much exactly the same, as long as you give credit where credit is due!

As always we would love for you to join in on the challenge fun, this week would be perfect to join us for the first time as you can CASE anything from the whole Occasions Catalogue! Just click the graphic below for more info......



Have a wonderful week everyone! Time for you to pop on over to Mel Pagano's blog to see the sweet card that she has created for your viewing pleasure this week! Just click the graphic below....


Cheers Megan xx

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Megan, I love the music sheet background. Just quietly, I feel the same about the ribbon/twine lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your case and the direction it took! Looks absolutely stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card Megan, such pretty colours x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome and the watercolouring is almost ethereal!! Just beautiful!! The sheet music is a fabulous addition!!

    ReplyDelete