Sunday 18 February 2018

A Beautiful Peacock, Painted with Love! - CTC166




Hello lovelies! Sunday is here again and it is time for the CASEing the Catty Blog Hop. We are a group of Stampin' Up! demonstrators who love to take inspiration from the fabulous projects featured in the amazing Stampin' Up! catalogues. If you are starting with me, welcome, and if you have just hopped on over from the very talented Kelly Kent, thank you for continuing on.


This week we are CASEing from the Painted with Love section of the Occasions Catalogue. I usually CASE a layout of a card but this week I decided to CASE the colour palette of the suite. The papers in the Painted with Love are beautiful and rich with gold accents. I have used Melon Mambo, Powder Pink, Rich Razzleberry and Gold Foil and teamed it with Very Vanilla (the suite uses Whisper White).


I have used the Sale-a-bration stamp set Beautiful Peacock that I earned for free with sales of $90. It's a gorgeous stamp set and I have seen some beautiful creations from other crafters. For my card today I decided to use a technique where you stamp along the edge of card front and then trim along the image to created a shaped edge (rather than just a normal straight edge).


Above is a close up of the peacock and my fussy cutting. I love how by cutting around the peacock image, it then contrasts against the Rich Razzleberry card base. Did you notice his wing? There isn't an actual stamp that allows you to stamp it separately but I wanted it to be gold embossed. To achieve this I just squeezed a little bit of Versamark refill ink onto an acrylic block and then painted it onto the wing with my Aquabrush (after using my embossing buddy!) and then sprinkled gold embossing powder on and heat set. Voila!

The inside of the card received some love too!

We'd really love it if you could play along with our challenge, no need to be a blogger it is all through Facebook. For more details click the graphic below....


Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today, it's time for you to continue onto the very creative Jackie Noble, just click the graphic below.......


Cheers Megan xx



7 comments:

  1. Totally cute & clever card Megan. I love that you've taken a different course and CASEd the colours of the suite! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so impressed with the fancy edge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That gold embossed wing is stunning. And the fussy cut edge is wonderful. What a gorgeous card with so many sweet details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card CASEing the colours of the suite Megan and I love how you've done the peacock wing in gold, very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh that's a bit fancy! Love the fussy cut edge Megan. Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a clever card Megan! Love your card edge and the colours pf your peacock :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, your peacock looks stunning!! and that fussy cutting!!

    ReplyDelete